Pages

Friday, April 11, 2008

Show Review - Widespread Panic, 4.9.08, US Bank Arena

wsp, widespread panic, jamband, john bellKnowing I was going to be fighting rush hour traffic in downtown Cincinnati I arrived down at US Bank Arena at around 6:15pm. It didn't seem too many people wanted to show up early, there were a lot of empty seats when Galactic started. But by the time Widespread came on the arena started to fill up. I was excited as this is the first Widespread Panic show I have seen since Jimmy Herring has joined the lineup. I honestly think by adding Jimmy to the lineup WSP has added an element that will take the band to even higher recognition. WSP has some great studio recordings, but like many touring bands Widespread Panic is meant to be seen in person and not just listened to through your stereo speakers in your home. I wasn't too excited to see a show in US Bank Arena. I think its because I'm just used to seeing shows in a more theater type of venue. I soon forgot all about that as soon as the music started. Galactic played an exciting set before Widespread Panic.

Read the full review here

No comments: